A self portrait. Because that’s what the world needs more of.
A lot of people ask me about the tools I work with, so to clarify (and to have some fun) I’m creating this post.
- Canon EOS 7D DSLR with BG-E7 battery grip and dual batteries.
- Yashica 35mm FX-3 SUPER 2000.
- Yashica Lynx 5000 IC (currently damaged and not seeing much use)
- Canon 50mm f1.4 USM. Bread.
- Sigma 30mm f1.4 HSM. Butter.
- Canon 18-55mm f3.5-f5.6 IS. Underrated (and disposable) outdoor lens.
- Opteka 0.35x modifier. Hilarious lens.
- Canon 580EX II. I’m happiest when I don’t have to use this.
- Audio Technica ATH-M50’s. I use these while editing, they’re absolutely amazing, can’t recommend them enough. Buy them now.
- Lowepro Fastpack 100. Small (body + two small/medium lenses), high quality, and a very reasonable price.
- Timed remote shutter release. Essential for night or long exposure photography.
- Fujifilm Super X-TRA (superlatives ftw) 400. Holds up to 24 full-res exposures!
- 48gb of Sandisk Extreme CF. Holds up to 12000 full-res exposures!
- Garyfong flash diffuser. Haven’t had a chance to use this much yet.
- Polarized, Neutral Density, Ultraviolet, and step-up filters.
- Various cases.
- Google CR-48 prototype ChromeOS laptop. Love this thing, and it has 3G for internet on the run.
- HTC Arrive Windows Phone. I’ve used webOS, iOS, Android, and Windows Phone. Windows Phone is amazing. Buy one next time you’re in the market.
- Custom-built Windows 7 Core i7 desktop [not shown].
- Adobe Creative Suite CS5 [not shown].
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.6 [not shown].
- Wacom Bamboo Tablet Fun [not shown].
- Dolica Proline CX680 carbon fiber tripod [not shown].
There are plenty of things that aren’t in here of course, including lenses I borrow or rent for specific purposes. I’m also looking to purchase the Canon 5D Mark III (when it comes out) as well as an 85mm once I get the 5D.